LO Meeting

12.02.14 14:33
New post on Mekamui News
                    §
          §
ABG MEET WITH LO’s ON PANGUNA ISSUE
by mekamui

By Augustine Minghai Kinna

The Autonomous Bougainville Government today held a major consultative meeting with the Landowners of Panguna concerning negotiations for the possible reopening of the mine.
President Momis in his remarks during the opening of the Panguna Mine landowner’s consultative workshop in Buka told the conference that the future prosperity of Bougainville is in the hands of individual Bougainvilleans.
Mr Momis says to achievement positive infrastructure developments, there must be unity amongst the leaders and people.
He says for the mine to be reopened the landowners, leaders and the people of Bougainville must put aside their differences and reconcile with one another.
Momis says the first and for most priority of the ABG is to see that equal distribution of service delivery is being provided to the entire population.
President Momis also challenged the leaders and the authorities concern to work hard in developing good systems of laws and policies that can facilitate the process of equal distribution of goods and services to the people.
mekamui | February 12, 2014 at 1:28 pm | Categories: Uncategorized | URL: wp.me/prj9z-r3

Werbung

Entdecke die beliebtesten ETFs von SPDR

SPDR MSCI World Technology UCITS ETF
Perf. 12M: +41,48%
SPDR MSCI World Communication Services UCITS ETF
Perf. 12M: +40,06%
SPDR S&P U.S. Communication Serv. Select Sector UCITS ETF Ac
Perf. 12M: +39,91%
SPDR S&P U.S. Technology Select Sector UCITS ETF
Perf. 12M: +39,39%
SPDR S&P U.S. Financials Select Sector UCITS ETF
Perf. 12M: +31,53%

Trading Bougainville Copper (ADRs) 867948 reinhold_tabris
reinhold_tabris:

Mekamui News

12.02.14 14:36
New post on Mekamui News
                    §
          §
ABG PRESIDENT STILL CRYING FOR PANGUNA REOPENING
by mekamui

By Stephanie Elizah

Media Release/12th February, 2014:

The Autonomous Bougainville Government (ABG) remains fully committed to supporting negotiations regarding the possible reopening of Panguna Mine, said President of the Autonomous Region of Bougainville Chief Dr. John Momis.
President Momis said the ABG reinforced this commitment by allocating from its budget K5 million per year in 2014 and 2015 to continue supporting the process. This is in addition to a specific allocation of K350,000 in infrastructure support for the associations in 2014.
The President issued this statement today at the official opening of the Inaugural Panguna Landowners consultative forum held at the Kuri conference centre, Buka, North Bougainville.
The forum was attended by representatives of the Panguna landowner associations, Bougainville Acting Chief Administrator Mr. Chris Siriosi and Divisional heads of the Bougainville Administration.
President Momis added that at the same time, the ABG is increasingly concerned about the divisive behaviour of a minority of landowner leaders who are pursuing their own political and financial agendas at the expense of landowners and all Bougainvilleans.
“This minority of leaders risk destroying the positive partnership that landowners and the ABG have worked so hard to create and undermine preparations for negotiations with Bougainville Copper Limited and the National Government.

A successful outcome from negotiations is also threatened by the many outsiders who, in alliance with these disruptive leaders or with armed factions, are pursuing their own selfish financial interests”.
President Momis stated also another concern of the ABG.
“The only way in which people’s understandable expectations for compensation and restoration can be achieved is if a profitable project is established at Panguna. This cannot happen if people insist on large compensation payments as a condition for allowing mining to start.
Bougainville stakeholders must understand that we need a profitable project before restoration and compensation can occur.”
He said bearing all of this in mind, the ABG must be careful that it does not rely solely on Panguna as its source of revenue for its political future, even though the time frame for the referendum might encourage it do so.
“I have therefore instructed the Bougainville Administration to actively pursue other opportunities that may exist to capitalise on Bougainville’s mineral resources.
“Once Bougainville has its own mining legislation, the ABG will have the power to selectively open geologically promising areas for exploration. Where landowners have indicated their support for development, the ABG intends to grant exploration licences to reputable mining companies, possibly in partnership with landowner associations.”
The President reiterated that the ABG is fully committed to achieving a positive outcome for Panguna Landowners.
End//….
reinhold_tabris:

Kupfer dient als Sicherheit für Finanzierungsgesch

12.02.14 15:08
Industriemetalle: China importiert im Januar rekordhohe Mengen Kupfer und Eisenerz
Finanzen.netVon Quelle: Finanzen.net / Aktiencheck.de AG | Finanzen.net – vor 18 Minuten

Freigeben
   Drucken

Frankfurt (www.fondscheck.de) - Die Metallpreise können zum heutigen Handelsauftakt allesamt zulegen, nachdem China am frühen Morgen mit überraschend starken Handelsstatistiken aufwartete, so die Analysten von Commerzbank Corporates & Markets.

Gemäß Daten der chinesischen Zollbehörde seien im Januar 536 Tsd. Tonnen Kupfer importiert worden, 53% mehr als im Vorjahr. China habe erst zum zweiten Mal überhaupt in einem Monat mehr als 500 Tsd. Tonnen Kupfer eingeführt. Damit sei zugleich der bisherige Rekordwert vom Dezember 2011 übertroffen worden.

Die Kupfereinfuhren seien wohl unter anderem wegen vorgezogener Käufe vor dem Neujahrsfest, das in diesem Jahr überwiegend Anfang Februar gefeiert worden sei, gestiegen. Aber auch die Nachfrage nach Kupfer zu Finanzierungszwecken habe wohl deutlich zugenommen.

Wegen der in den vergangenen Monaten restriktiveren Kreditvergabe werde gerne auf Rohstoffe wie z.B. Kupfer zurückgegriffen, die dann als Sicherheiten für die Finanzierung anderer Geschäftszwecke hinterlegt würden. Im Zuge der höheren Einfuhren seien die Kupfervorräte in den Lagerhäusern der SHFE im letzten Monat um 18% gestiegen.

Fast das gleiche Bild ergebe sich für Eisenerz. Auch hier habe China mit 86,8 Mio. Tonnen eine rekordhohe Menge importiert - ebenfalls getrieben durch die Nachfrage zu Finanzierungszwecken. Erstmalig seien mehr als 80 Mio. Tonnen in einem Monat eingeführt worden. Die Eisenerzvorräte in den Häfen des Landes würden sich mittlerweile nur noch knapp unter ihrem Allzeithoch befinden. (12.02.2014/fc/a/m)
Trading Bougainville Copper (ADRs) 867948 BOCandorra
BOCandorra:

Neue Momis Einlassungen...

12.02.14 19:06
...auf www.bougainville-copper.eu  !
Alle aktuellen News zu Bougainville Copper auf der ESBC Homepage!
www(.)bougainville-copper(.)eu
Trading Bougainville Copper (ADRs) 867948 Koud.he
Koud.he:

Momis

12.02.14 21:00
Bougainville stakeholders must understand that we need a profitable project before restoration and compensation can occur, further stating that if we kill the duck, it cannot lay any eggs.
Trading Bougainville Copper (ADRs) 867948 oyoo
oyoo:

Mal ne Frage:

13.02.14 01:46
Wer ist Ramunickel?
BOCandorra:

@oyoo

13.02.14 03:55
Ramunickel ist eine Nickelmine in Madang, die in chinesischer Hand ist.

www.ramunico.com/plus/view.php?aid=699

Wegen der menschenunwürdigen Zustände in dieser Mine wurde von anonymen Autoren ein Blog namens "Ramunickel" ins Leben gerufen, in dem dieses thematisiert wurde. Es wurde u.a. berichtet, dass die chinesischen Arbeiter in der Mine schlechter behandelt würden als Schweine.

Aus diesem Blog entwickelte sich die Papua New Guinea Mine Watch, die heutzutage ein Forum für generelle Anti-Mining- und Anti-Australien-Propaganda geworden ist. Witzigerweise befürworten die Initiatoren jetzt sogar das hochgefährliche Alluvial- oder Small Scale Mining, bei dem hemmungslos Quecksilber eingesetzt wird. So auch in Panguna wo 25 Jahre Small Scale Mining mehr Umweltschäden verursacht haben als die Arbeiten BCLs in all den Jahrzehnten zuvor.

Das lässt den Schluss zu, dass die Hintermänner dieses Blogs unter Profiteuren des Goldgeschäftes zu suchen sind: Dies sind die Aufkäufer und Wiederverkäufer des gefundenen Goldes. Vermutlich sind es auch diese, die konstant und so erbittert gegen eine Rückkehr von BCL nach Panguna kämpfen.

Bedauerlicherweise konnten wir bis dato die Hintermänner dieses Blogs namentlich nicht ausfindig machen.

Die verstärkte Aktivität dieser Leute in den letzten Wochen könnte ein Hinweis darauf sein, dass schon in sehr naher Zukunft die Wiedereröffnung von Panguna durch BCL beschlossen wird.

Eine der besonders obskuren Schlüsselfiguren in diesem Spiel ist der nationale Abgeordnete von Zentral Bougainville, Jimmy Miringtoro, der sich ganz offensichtlich mittel- bis langfristig bereichern möchte soweit er nicht schon ohnehin in die Verwertung des geschürften Goldes verstrickt ist. Auch das scheint denkbar.

Die ESBC zitieren und kommentieren die Veröffentlichungen von Papua New Guinea Mine Watch regelmäßig auf www.bougainville-copper.eu um so den Lesern unserer Homepage einen möglichst umfassenden Blick auf die Gesamtgemengelage auf Bougainville zu ermöglichen. Offen gestanden mutet es etwas befremdlich an, dass ein solcher Zirkus  auf einer Insel veranstaltet wird, deren Bewohnerzahl von 200.000 Menschen gerade einmal die einer kleineren deutschen Großstadt  wie Kassel erreicht.

Dieses dürfte denn auch nur der maßlosen Gier nach Gold geschuldet sein. Ich rate immer dazu, sich die  Geschichte des Gold-Rushs am Ende des 19. Jahrhunderts in Kalifornien in Erinnerung zu rufen.
BOCandorra:

Nachtrag

13.02.14 04:11
Zum selben Beritt wie Papua New Guinea Mine Watch alias Rumunickel gehört auch PNGexposed, die sich als Anti-Korruptions-Blog verstehen. Auch hinter diesen Herrschaften,  so weit es nicht die identischen Personen sind, dürften sich sehr handfeste finanzielle Interessen verstecken, die denen, die schon an den Töpfen sitzen, alles neiden aber nur das ureigene Interesse verfolgen, selbst an die Töpfe zu kommen - und zwar rücksichtslos!
reinhold_tabris:

Die Deutschen kommen..

13.02.14 04:34
New post on Mekamui News
                    §
          §
ABG’S FIRST TRADE COMMISSIONER IN BOUGAINVILLE
by mekamui

By Stephanie Elizah

Abg's first trade commissioner Thomas Bockhold is in Bougainville for a two day visit. Mr. Bockhold arrived in Bougainville yesterday, accompanied by his wife Michi Rohr and Bougainville friend Gus Schweinfurth.
In welcoming Mr Bockhold, acting chief administrator Mr Chris Siriosi said Mr Bockhold's visit is a special occasion. Mr Bockhold is ABG's first trade commissioner to Germany. He is based in Berlin.
"It is an important step in the history of Bougainville because we are implementing the requirements of the Bougainville Peace Agreement and the Bougainville Constitution where it gives the privilege, the right and authority to ABG to set up trade commissions throughout the world, in countries where ABG has specific interest to trade." Mr Siriosi said there are many benefits to this arrangement, benefits in tourism, goods and services, education. "We look forward to a good relationship with the government of Germany through our commission", said Mr. Siriosi.
mekamui | February 12, 2014 at 8:25 pm | Categories: Uncategorized | URL: wp.me/prj9z-r5

Trading Bougainville Copper (ADRs) 867948 havanna
havanna:

BCL: Minimum 3 Jahre...

13.02.14 10:41

Source: Bougainville24

Panguna mine can rejuvenate region

A Bougainville Copper Limited (BCL) operated mine at Panguna has the potential to revitalise Central Bougainville with upgrades to infrastructure and facilities.

However, any future decision as to whether the mine should be redeveloped is at least three years away, depending on findings from the environmental and social baseline studies, and completion of a pre-feasibility study.

According to the 2013 Order of Magnitude Study upgrades are needed to service a workforce employed at Panguna, the wider community and the functionality of the mine itself.

One regional issue that would be addressed would be the erratic nature of the power supply in Central Bougainville.

The study also suggested that education would be prioritised with upgrades to primary and secondary school facilities, as well as the creation of a mine training college to locally source employees.

Arawa town could benefit from an upgrade to its commercial centre and recreational facilities in the area.

An operational mine would also demand improvements to the port, airport, waste management facilities and emergency services.

The first steps toward achieving this vision will be the customary process of bel kol and the completion of the environmental, social and economic baseline studies.

These milestones come under the terms of reference of the Joint Panguna Negotiation Coordination Committee, which is comprised of representatives from landowners in mine affected areas, the Autonomous Bougainville Government, Government of Papua New Guinea and BCL.

BCL have looked to the landowners to lead discussions to ensure that a future operation at Panguna has their backing.
Trading Bougainville Copper (ADRs) 867948 oyoo
oyoo:

@18107 und 8

13.02.14 15:41
Danke!
Ich hab schon lange vermutet dass die Interessen derer, die sich an den Überresten der Mine gütlich tun diametral einem geordneten, großtechnischen Abbau nach modernen Standards entgegen stehen.
Mich würde auch eine objektive Schilderung der allgemeinen Zustände auf der Insel interessieren. Daneben sollte ich mehr über die Geschichte und Kultur lernen um mehr davon zu verstehen was beispielsweise die Rituale beim Besuch von Peter O'Neal bedeuten.
Gibt es Links?
Nochmals: Danke!
Trading Bougainville Copper (ADRs) 867948 nekro
nekro:

Minister reveals plans for landowners

13.02.14 19:22
ramumine.wordpress.com/2014/02/14/...als-plans-for-landowners/

The National

THE Government will introduce a policy to promote increased participation and ownership by landowners of resource projects in the mining sector.

Mining Minister Byron Chan said this when presenting a ministerial statement in Parliament on the progress made by the ministry on the matter.

The proposed changes include:

Companies applying for licenses must have local participation with at least a PNG citizen on its board with an office and an onshore bank account in PNG;
   increased equity participation with 5% to landowners and 5% to provincial governments;
   revised improved royalty and compensation schedule;
   revised landowner participation in business activities and ventures to ensure our people participate as responsible shareholders and not only as small-time contractors for small business spin-offs; and,
   Abolition of tax incentives that contribute to loss of revenue for the State.

“The state is now creating these opportunities for our people,” he said.

“But everyone must understand that according to PNG laws, while the land may belong to you, the ownership of all minerals found on that land and under water in PNG belongs to the State for the collective benefit of every Papua New Guinean.

“This Government is well aware that the real issue is accountability and transparency in the use and application of mine derived benefits by the beneficiaries.”

He said the ministry had adopted the principles of a National Content Plan within the revised legislation by giving legal emphasis to the requirements that were formerly captured only in project MOA (memorandum of agreement) documents relating to the supply and procurement of goods and services, employment and training and business arrangements,” he said.

“In line with the policy, the Government is also very mindful of the sensitivity and expectations surrounding the issue of mineral ownership.”
Mein  MULTIBAGGER Favorit B?C ;-)))))
reinhold_tabris:

Mekamui News

14.02.14 06:27
New post on Mekamui News
                    §
          §
SAM AKOITAI SAYS WORK WITH MOMIS
by mekamui

Source: Radio New Dawn on Bougainville

AKOITAI SAYS WORK WITH MOMIS
big_32631790_0_300-377

By Aloysius Laukai

The former Central Bougainville Member and National Minister for Mining, SAM AKOITAI (pictured) says the issue of the PANGUNA COPPER MINE was in the hands of the ABG and the people of Bougainville and no outsider should stick his nose in.
MR. AKOITAI told New Dawn FM this afternoon that the ABG and the landowners have come a long way in preparing their people for negotiating a new agreement that must be negotiated under Bougainville’s own mining law.
He said that Bougainville was the only Province in Papua New Guinea which has its own constitution and can make laws to protect its people and their resources and the people must respect and allow their government to quickly enact the Mining Laws and make it work for Bougainville.
MR. AKOITAI who is a very experienced person on Mining issue said that what the current government of President Momis was doing must be supported by the people of Bougainville who have fought for many years to make changes to the mining laws first from the colonial era and now under Papua New Guinea.
He said it is time to negotiate and start building infrastructures so that by the time everything is set Bougainville can benefit in high Copper and Gold prices which he said was at a record low at the moment.
mekamui | February 14, 2014 at 2:00 am | Categories: Uncategorized | URL: wp.me/prj9z-rf
reinhold_tabris:

Mekamui News

14.02.14 06:27
New post on Mekamui News
                    §
          §
Steven Ona talks law and order with Momis
by mekamui

Source: Post-Courier

Ona talks law and order with Momis

By DAVID LORNIE

A SENIOR member of the Me’ekamui Defence Force has met with Bougainville President John Momis to discuss law and order issues.
Steven Ona (pictured), second in command to General Moses Pipiro of the Me’ekamui Defence Force in Panguna, travelled to Buka from his mountain stronghold on Tuesday to speak about setting up a region-wide civilian security force.
Such a meeting between the two leaders would have seemed an impossibility only a short time ago.
Mr Ona told this newspaper that the Prime Minister and President’s recent visit had inspired the Panguna people, including his Me’ekamui faction, to open up to the rest of Bougainville.
The historic visit also motivated his people to "clean up their backyard". They now plan to train youths as security guards to help maintain the rule of law throughout the region. "We plan to train the youths up in Panguna first," the commander said."We want Albert Magoi from the United Bougainville Training Institute to conduct this training."
Mr Magoi who has served with both the PNG military and Bougainville Revolutionary Army has been training ex-combatants and disaffected youths in Bougainville since the end of hostilities.
Mr Ona says Bougainville police are currently struggling with manpower issues.
"Nowadays there are all kinds of law and order problems coming up," he said.

"Youths are the main ones causing problems the drunks, those who take homebrew, smoke marijuana and the police are currently not able to deal with all of these problems.
They are not as strong as they could be. That’s why we want to support them." Mr Ona stressed that the security force be trained to work under the command of the local constabulary. "We don’t want to put the police down, put their work down.
We just want to work behind them to help them in our communities. You could say we will just boost their manpower, support them.
"So we want to set up security all through Bougainville. Have them go through proper training and go back to their places and help the police keep law and order.
"We want to support the police so if we train youths properly, change their thinking, they can look after the place properly."
Mr Ona said the president Momis was in full agreement with the concept. "He has been thinking the same thing there must be security training.
He has talked strongly about this. He has concerns on law and order and wants security to be set up. He wants to kickstart this quickly," Mr Ona said.
Mr Ona gave his assurance that the security force will not come under the command of the Me’ekamui.
"No, it’s a private monitoring system," he said. "They will report to the district officer who will report to the president."
mekamui | February 14, 2014 at 1:57 am | Categories: Uncategorized | URL: wp.me/prj9z-rc
reinhold_tabris:

Mekamui News

14.02.14 06:29
New post on Mekamui News
                    §
          §
Remarks From Justin J Borgia on Panguna Issue
by mekamui

By Justin Jose Borgia

There are many good views expressed by bougies for and against the mining issue. given the complex nature of the issue, and the rights for BCL under the colonial BCA agreement, and the legacy issues as a result of mining 72-89, it is legally complex for ABG towards preparing landowners and itself to negotiate a new deal with whoever investor, which is will permanently and finally end the BCA once it adopts its own bville mining law.

this week the ex-combatants, of all three regions of bville, including Thomas Tari, Sam Kauona, Glen Tovirka, Marcellin Getsi, Peter Bari, etc, have been involved in an atmosphere of cooperation and partnership consulting on the draft mining law. and they are now beginning to appreciate the complex issues involved of the old regime and the new regime entails that is totally unique from PNG, and other parts of the world, with provisions like ownership of minerals and licensing going to the people. this process of consultations will continue, to all key stakeholders on bougainville. you must be reminded that ABG is very mindful of this law, and bougainivlleans are contributing to create this law. so it takes time.

Be reminded that critics from all fronts have been very healthy and useful for ABG in this particular issue.The excombatants have requested for more educational consultations, as they begin to appreciate the issues they never knew previously.
mekamui | February 14, 2014 at 2:12 am | Categories: Uncategorized | URL: wp.me/prj9z-ri
nekro:

Auch alle Meekamuis..............

14.02.14 13:37
........schwenken also so langsam auf die Linie "We want BCL back" ein, auch wenn es vorerst "nur" ein "Better to work with the devil we know" ist. ;-))))))))

nekro:

Panguna Meeting

15.02.14 12:05
WHILE a Panguna mining meeting is underway in Buka between Bougainville Copper Limited executives led by Paul Coleman and the Panguna landowners and other stakeholders, this lone alluvial miner was going about his usual daily business – penning for gold for his bread and butter along the heavily polluted Kavarong River at Panguna. Most of the locals there don’t have gardens and penning for gold is their main means of putting food on the table and meeting their other needs.
nekro:

Source: Radio New Dawn on Bougainville

15.02.14 16:34

AKOITAI SAYS PNG IS A METAL BASE ECONOMY AND BOUGAINVILLE IS HEADING THAT WAY
By Aloysius Laukai

The former member for Central Bougainville in the National Government and Minister for Mining, SAM AKOITAI says Papua New Guinea is a metal based economy and the economy is controlled by Minerals and Petroleum which is 53 percent whilst the sectors like Fisheries, Tourism and Agriculture only account for only 17 percent.
He said that this means the main funding source to run Papua New Guinea comes from Metals.
MR. AKOITAI made these comments when supporting the ABG that re-opening of Panguna or establishing another operation if Panguna fails to start the economy was very important for Bougainville’s economic survival.
He said that even though we can talk about Agriculture and Fisheries to run Bougainville we will still fall short of funds for other projects like road, bridges and Education and Health Programs.
MR. AKOITAI said that he believes the mining can create the funds needed to resurrect these plantations to support the economy of Bougainville.

nekro:

Hehehehehe

15.02.14 17:06
Sam Akoitai warns Bougainville about interfering outsiders

ramumine.wordpress.com/2014/02/15/...ut-interfering-outsiders/

Das haben die Jungs von ramumine wohl falsch verstenden.

Mit Outsiders sind die Anti-BCL Opponenten gemeint, u. dazu kann man den ESBC Präsi ja nun wirklich nicht zählen,hehehe ;-))))))))

Wärend Meekamuis,ABG, sowie die 9 Lo Gruppierungen (teilweise getrennt) momentan in Buka mit "Bougainville Copper Limited executives led by Paul Coleman" über "Belcol" als Voraussetzung für die Wiedereröffnung der Panguna Mine verhandeln versucht ramumine ziemlich durchsichtig noch etwas Anti BCL Stimmung zu machen.;-)))))
Trading Bougainville Copper (ADRs) 867948 upholm
upholm:

@nekro

15.02.14 17:17
... wie lang ist das Meeting angesetzt bzw. dauert es?
Trading Bougainville Copper (ADRs) 867948 RORUN
RORUN:

Meeting

15.02.14 18:21
Letztes Meet war doch erst vor 4 Tagen in Buka
Entweder Alt-News oder es wird mächtig auf die Tube gedrückt
nekro:

Meeting

15.02.14 19:41
Das Meeting........http://www.ariva.de/forum/...ADRs-867948-304728?page=724#jumppos18101

"The forum was attended by representatives of the Panguna landowner associations, Bougainville Acting Chief Administrator Mr. Chris Siriosi and Divisional heads of the Bougainville Administration."

.........diente dazu die Lo u. Meka-Forderungen auf ein vernünftiges Mass herunter zu schrauben denn : "Bougainville stakeholders must understand that we need a profitable project before restoration and compensation can occur, further stating that if we kill the duck, it cannot lay any eggs."

Jetzt,mit"Bougainville Copper Limited executives led by Paul Coleman" gehts jetzt um die Wurst, bzw. Eggs oder vielmehr um sehr viele $$$$$$$$$ ;-)))

Wird immer spannender,definive Statements könnten zur HV anstehen ;-)))
Trading Bougainville Copper (ADRs) 867948 Koud.he
Koud.he:

Rio Tinto profits expose Momis lies

16.02.14 12:43
ramumine.wordpress.com/2014/02/16/...rofits-expose-momis-lies/

Rio Tinto profits expose Momis lies
Bougainville President John Momis says Rio Tinto does not have the money to pay compensation for its war crimes and the terrible environmental damage caused by its Panguna mine. This means, according to Momis" warped logic, Bougainville should forget the past and welcome back Rio Tinto to re-open the mine so it can earn the money to pay reparations. Well, guess what? Rio Tinto has just posted a $10 billion profit for the year.

YUP, $10 billion, up from just $9.3 billion last year… does that sound like a company that can"t afford to pay for its past abuses…?

Honest John Momis should stop trying to scare and mislead his people with his lies…

Rio Tinto Says Full-Year Profit Increased 10% on Cost Savings

Jesse Riseborough | Bloomberg

Rio Tinto Group, the world"s second-largest mining company, said profit rose 10 percent last year, beating analyst estimates as a $2 billion cost-cutting plan bolstered profitability.

Underlying profit was $10.2 billion, or 553.1 cents a share, from $9.3 billion, or 501.3 cents, a year earlier, London-based Rio said today in a statement. That compares with the $9.7 billion average of 23 analyst estimates compiled by Bloomberg. Net income was $3.7 billion after a loss of $3 billion last year.

Chief Executive Officer Sam Walsh, appointed 13 months ago, has cut costs after investor criticism that the world"s biggest mining companies had overspent on acquisitions and expansions, pushing down commodity prices and curbing profit. Analysts are expecting Rio to bolster returns to shareholders as cost-savings enhance earnings.

"These strong results reflect the progress we are making to transform our business and demonstrate how we are fulfilling our commitments to improve performance, strengthen the balance sheet and deliver greater value for shareholders," Walsh, a 64-year-old Australian, said today in the statement.

Rio declined 0.4 percent to close at A$67.83 in Sydney trading today. The stock advanced 1.5 percent to 3,510 pence yesterday in London trading. It increased its dividend 15 percent to 192 cents.

The company reported record production of iron ore, bauxite and power station coal for 2013.
Trading Bougainville Copper (ADRs) 867948 LOFP
LOFP:

kann sich noch jemand an morumbi erinnern? ;-)

16.02.14 14:35
Der akt Kurs -12,5% auf 0,035 CAD!
Neuer Minusrekord.
;-)
Schadenfreude...tut manchmal gut
BOCandorra:

Noah Musingku und...

16.02.14 18:03
...seinen US-amerikanischen Ganovenkollegen geht es wohl jetzt langsam an den Kragen:

www.bougainville-copper.eu

Seite: Übersicht ... 723  724  726  727  ... ZurückZurück WeiterWeiter

Hot-Stocks-Forum - Gesamtforum - Antwort einfügen - zum ersten Beitrag springen

Neueste Beiträge aus dem Bougainville Copper Ltd Forum

Wertung Antworten Thema Verfasser letzter Verfasser letzter Beitrag
52 24.350 Trading Bougainville Copper (ADRs) 867948 nekro nekro 10:02
  1 Kick off und get ready this year Fuchsbau24 Fuchsbau24 17.01.24 15:16
  38 Wann sollte man BOC WKN: 852652 kaufen? 1ALPHA 1ALPHA 06.07.23 18:01
2 7 BOC (852652) wird heiss ;-))) nekro bockaufboc 24.04.21 23:52
28 3.965 BOUGAINVILLE (852652) slashgoerdi tbhomy 24.04.21 23:24

--button_text--