... 2747  2748  2750  2751  ...

Der USA Bären-Thread

Zugriffe: 22.512.320 / Heute: 1.375
S&P 500 5.097,66 +0,99% Perf. seit Threadbeginn:   +249,40%

Der USA Bären-Thread Malko07
Malko07:

#68700: Irgendwie verständlich.

15.09.10 16:09
Kann man ohne Drogen überhaupt mit Aktien spekulieren?

;o)
Der USA Bären-Thread Anti Lemming
Anti Lemming:

Europa will mit Regeln das Shorten erschweren

15.09.10 16:25
The new rules would require firms to tell regulators about significant short positions in any stock or EU government bond and would give individual authorities in Europe the power to temporarily ban short selling in exceptional circumstances.

www.marketwatch.com/story/...rt-selling-derivatives-2010-09-15

bläh me up, Scotty

Die FTD erwähnt in einem langen Artikel zum Thema das Short-Verbot überhaupt nicht:

www.ftd.de/finanzen/derivate/...kt-sicher-machen/50169988.html

Mit solchen regulativen Beschränkungen erreicht man mMn ähnlich viel bzw. wenig wie mit Interventionen - jeweils eine kurzfristige Strohfeuer, aber keine Richtungsumkehr. Langfristig bestimmen die Fundamentals, wo es hingeht, egal wie stark wer was zu schieben versucht.
Der USA Bären-Thread KuK Hofmarschall
KuK Hofmarsc.:

chf

15.09.10 16:34
Malko, CHF als global total uninteressant einzustufen ist schon verwegen.

Größe / BIP des Landes ist nicht gleich Bedeutung der Währung

zB Anteil in % am Tagesumsatz Devisen (2007):

1 US-Dollar USD 86,35
2 Euro EUR 36,98
3 Japanischer Yen JPY 16,54
4 Britisches Pfund GBP 14,95
5 Schweizer Franken CHF 6,78
6 Australischer Dollar AUD 6,66
7 Kanadischer Dollar CAD  4,21

mit den Restwährung ist die Summe 200%, da Doppelzählung

Quelle: wiki
de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devisenmarkt
Malko07:

KuK Hofmarsc., was

15.09.10 17:05
man nicht überlesen sollte:

"... Der Devisenmarkt lässt sich nicht lokalisieren, weil der Devisenhandel ganz überwiegend zwischen den Marktteilnehmern direkt stattfindet und Devisenbörsen weitgehend abgeschafft wurden oder bedeutungslos geworden sind. ..."

Oder anders gesprochen: Totale Intransparenz. Bayern mag den Taler auf jeden Fall nicht wieder einführen. Deshalb ist die schweizer Großmachtstellung ungefährdet.

;o)
Der USA Bären-Thread Kicky
Kicky:

Schäuble will die Landesbanken umbauen

15.09.10 18:19
www.zeit.de/wirtschaft/2010-09/landesbank-umbau-schaeuble
...In Kreisen der Länder-Finanzminister wurde nun bestätigt, dass Bundesfinanzminister Wolfgang Schäuble (CDU) einen Vorstoß plant, die Landesbanken umzubauen. Laut Financial Times Deutschland  will der CDU-Politiker in den kommenden Tagen mit seinen Länderkollegen Fusionsmöglichkeiten der Institute erörtern, die von der Finanzkrise schwer getroffen wurden. Einen endgültigen Termin für das Treffen gebe es aber noch nicht, hieß es in den Kreisen. Auch sei noch unklar, auf welcher Ebene das Treffen stattfinden solle. ....

Neuen Anstoß dürften nun nach Branchenkennern die schärferen Eigenkapitalregeln ("Basel III") liefern. In der Bundesregierung sei Konsens, dass sich die Zahl der derzeit acht selbstständigen Landesbanken verringern müsse, weil längst nicht alle über tragfähige Geschäftsmodelle verfügten, berichtet das Handelsblatt.

Aus Kreisen der größten deutschen Landesbank LBBW hieß es, der Vorstoß des Bundes komme zu früh und werde ins Leere laufen. "Das klingt wahnsinnig spannend, da wird aber nichts bei herauskommen, weil die Länder keinen Handlungsdruck haben." Die meisten Landesbanken seien vollauf damit beschäftigt, die Finanzkrise zu überwinden, EU-Auflagen umzusetzen und ihr Geschäftsmodell daran anzupassen. "Der Bund kann da viel wollen." Es sei auch nicht zu erkennen, dass der Bund Anreize für einen Umbau der Landesbanken bieten könne. ....
Kicky:

EU Crackdown on Derivatives

15.09.10 18:27
The European Union has unveiled tough new rules to control derivative trading and restrict short-selling in response to the financial crisis.

The proposed rules, covering over-the-counter derivatives, will require standardised contracts to be cleared centrally for the first time. They will also require OTC contracts – bilateral agreements between buyers and sellers – to be reported to “trade repositories” or data banks, and for this information to be available to regulators.
The proposals follow agreement by G20 leaders last year to standardise derivative trading move them onto exchanges or electronic trading platforms where appropriate. The proposals will closely align the EU with the new regime which is coming into force in the US.

The new rules will need approval from member states and the European parliament, but the aim is to operate them from the end of 2012.......www.ft.com/
Kicky:

Greeek Bond Auction vierfach überzeichnet

15.09.10 18:38
derstandard.at/1282979720870/...henland-leiht-sich-wieder-Geld
Athen konnte bei einer Auktion von Geldmarktpapieren statt der geplanten 900 Millionen 1,17 Milliarden einsammeln
www.ekathimerini.com/
Greece will achieve the goal of reducing the public deficit at 8.1% of GDP in 2010 confirmed today by Finance Minister George Papaconstantinou  told Reuters.
He acknowledged that the markets appear suspicious and referred the issue of treasury bills has said that any borrowing at an interest rate below 5% are positive.
without giving a specific timetable.

www.eurointelligence.com/
The Greek government is borrowing again Kathimerini  reports that the government raised 1.7bn in a 26w treasury bill auction. The auction was oversubscribed 4.5 times with a yield of 4.82%. The Greek government needs another €4.7bn by the end of October. In the first half of 2010 the Greek government reduced the budget deficit by 46%, 6.5 pp more than envisaged by the government programme. But tax revenues fell behind projections with only €23.8bn instead of €27.6bn according to Der Standard.  The Portuguese newspaper Negocios  reports that the Greek finance minister George Papaconstantinou will meet investors throughout Europe accompanied by officials from the ECB, the Commission and the IMF.
Der USA Bären-Thread permanent
permanent:

Home Price Double Dip Begins

15.09.10 18:58
Home Price Double Dip Begins
HOUSING DOUBLE DIP REAL ESTATE REALTY RECESSION ECONOMY US ECONOMY
Posted By: Diana Olick | CNBC Real Estate Reporter
cnbc.com
| 15 Sep 2010 | 11:31 AM ET

The trouble with many of the "indicators" we report is that some are pretty current and others are severely lagging. Home sales are generally the former and home prices the latter.

That's why, given the combination of the expiration of the home buyer tax credit and the increasing number of loans moving to final foreclosure, we knew that home prices overall would take a hit, but it would take a while.

Well we're here.

Two new reports out today prove the consequences of oversupply of organic inventory (12.5 months on existing homes in July according to the National Association of Realtors) and the shadow inventory of foreclosed properties (estimates vary widely and wildly). CoreLogic's Home Price Index shows home prices "flat" in July as transaction volume continues to decline. "This was the first time in five months that no year-over-year gains were reported," according to the release. In June, prices were up 2.4 percent year over year. In addition, "36 states experienced price declines in July, twice the number in May and the highest number since last November when prices nationally were still declining."

And there's the rub.

Prices have been recovering since last Fall, largely thanks to the artificial stimulus of the $8000/$6500 home buyer tax credit. But prices were also benefiting from a slight bump in confidence in the housing market, fed by an apparent drop in the foreclosure numbers. In reality, the foreclosure numbers were dropping only because banks and states were delaying the process, as they tried to cram as many borrowers as possible into what we now know is a largely unsuccessful government-backed mortgage modification program.

Now home buyer confidence is back in the dumps, which is clear from another report out today showing that for the 3rd straight month the percentage of home sellers on the market who have slashed their asking prices at least once has gone up. Twenty-six percent of sellers on the market in August, according to Trulia.com, had lowered their expectations, and hence their prices. Sellers on the market today have cut $29 billion off their collective home equity.

We spoke to two sellers in Northern Virginia, Stephanie and Gabriel Mikulasek, who have dropped their asking price by $21,000. "We thought it was the value of the house that we could probably get, if the market would pick up a little bit, and people were a little positive," Gabriel told us. "What we found out is that the market is pretty slow; people are very hesitant to make bids, so we decided to make it a little more attractive and lessen it, and see how it goes."

They say today's buyers are only looking for great deals, so if you price the home at its actual value, nobody's interested. You have to go below.

Some of you responding on the blog yesterday said that your markets are just fine, even seeing competition in offers again; I'm sure this is true in many local areas. The trouble is that those areas are in the vast minority. Unless we see a marked, widespread increase in home sales over the next several months, prices will go from flat to down once again.

Anti Lemming:

Silber auf 30-Jahreshoch

15.09.10 20:00
Die Edelmetall-Fraktion begründet dies wie üblich damit, dass der Dollar wertlos wird. Tatsächlich steigen Gold und Silber, weil der Markt mit frischer Liquidität versorgt wird:Die Fed hat den QE2-Put installiert.

www.marketwatch.com/story/...ts-fresh-30-month-high-2010-09-15

Wenn alle Assets synchron steigen wie jetzt, ist was faul. Mindestens eine Fraktion wird die Zeche zahlen. Vielleicht auch mehrere oder alle. Sagte ich schon, dass ich auf "alle" tippe. Alles alle.
Der USA Bären-Thread daiphong
daiphong:

Greenspan: Konjunkturstimulierung durch US-Regieru

15.09.10 21:06
ng eine Enttäuschung
New York (BoerseGo.de) - Die zum Staatsdefizit in den USA führenden Ausgaben der Regierung verfehlen die Erwartungen über daraus erhoffte stimulierende Effekte auf die amerikanische Wirtschaft. Dies erklärte gemäß einem Bericht von Bloomberg der frühere Notenbankchef Alan Greenspan auf einer New Yorker Konferenz. Er behaupte nicht, wonach die Stimulierung nicht funktioniert, aber diese Art der Ankurbelung bleibe deutlich unterhalb von sämtlichen Schätzungen. Die effektivste Stimulierung wäre durch einen Anstieg des Aktienmarkts geschaffen. Dadurch wäre sogar die Impulskraft der Ausgaben der Regierung übertroffen. Zur Verringerung des Budgetdefizits trete er für höhere Steuern ein. Gleichwohl stelle ein Anstieg der Steuern in einer schwachen Wirtschaft keine ideale Option dar. “Es bestehen Risiken, aber unsere Wahl liegt nicht zwischen gut und schlecht, sondern zwischen katastrophal und schlecht. Wenn wir das Defizit nicht rasch in den Griff bekommen betrügen wir uns selbst”. Ein Rückfall in die Rezession bleibe aber unwahrscheinlich und die Lunte für eine neue Rezession sei noch nicht gesetzt. Er wiederhole aber seine frühere Warnung, dass sämtliche Spekulationen in Schieflage geraten, falls in dem Land die Hauspreise wieder sinken. Im Bankensektor gebe es noch ein großes Maß an Unsicherheit. Daher spüre der Markt keine Auswirkungen durch die in den Bankbilanzen liegenden Barbestände von einer Billion Dollar. “Unsere Finanzkonzerne sind teilweise noch immer inaktiv. Dieser Zustand verlängert sich so lange, bis das System auf ein Niveau gebracht wird, wo die Finanzkonzerne das für die Kreditvergabe zur Verfügung gestellte Kapital als sichere Investition erachten“. Die vom Bankenausschuss in Basel geforderte Eigenkapitalregulierung gehe in eine positive Richtung, führte Greenspan weiter aus.
Christoph Huber
www.godmode-trader.de/nachricht/,a2302174,b609.html
Anti Lemming:

Tim Melvin geht short

15.09.10 22:12

Ours Is a Twinkie Market
By Tim Melvin
Street.com Contributor
9/15/2010 3:00 PM EDT

Things are finally getting back to post-wedding normal here at Chez Melvin, so I spent a little time yesterday catching up with the world at large. On Monday afternoon, as I got back to work, the market rallied for the eighth time in the past two weeks, and I actually established a few very small put positions. I used puts and put spreads both on the broad market, using the iShares Russell 2000 Index (IWM) , and also on shares of Akami Technologies (AKAM) .

The market appears very vulnerable to me right now following the initial post-vacation rally last week
, and I love betting against almost any company trading at more than 60x earnings. Again, I want to emphasize that these are very small positions, and as a rule I only speculate with cash flow received from long-term core deep-value holdings. In accordance with something Walter Schloss once said, I occasionally like to have a couple speculative items on my sheet so I have something to fool around with that won't hurt me in the long run.

As I dug into a pile of catch-up reading yesterday, I came across a copy of the interview Seth Klarman recently did with Jason Zweig at the CFA Institute Annual Conference. Klarman has been so successful for so long that most of us deep-value folks pay a lot of attention to him -- not just what he buys and sells, but also what he says. For decades now, he has been low-key and has rarely spoken in public, so it's noteworthy when he does so. This time was no exception.

During the interview, Klarman said he was more worried now than any other time in his career. When asked why, he pointed to government policies and the possible debasement of the currency. His clients are mostly U.S. investors, and his returns are earned and paid in greenbacks. He also discussed the negative implications of what he calls the Twinkie market. This is also one of my largest overriding concerns -- not just about stocks, but about the entire financial system and economy -- for the next several years.

Right now almost everything in the market, like a Twinkie, is totally artificial. While conditions may provide for a short-term sugar buzz, in the long run this environment is far from healthy. By keeping interest rates at an effective zero, the government is basically forcing money into the markets in order to seek a return. Klarman pointed to the junk-bond market, the reemergence of payment-in-kind and dividend capture bonds as a major collective source of concern.

These worries explain why he bought long-term out-of-the-money options on bonds. If the market ever reaches what Klarman refers to as a tipping point, wherein investors lose faith in the U.S. dollar and Treasury securities as a result of deficits and trade imbalances, we could see a violent swift move in the bond markets. This is the precise reason behind the iShares Barclays 20+ Year Treasury Bond (TLT) puts I have owned for almost two years now.

Last year I rolled over this position with a huge profit, and it looks as though I will roll over at a loss for 2010 -- but I will roll over these puts. I intend to hold this position until the market reaches either a tipping point or return to fiscal sanity. It is a very small position that will reap a huge payoff if we see a bond shock in the next five years or so.

Klarman also made a passing remark that I found thought-provoking. It came during a discussion of the fact that the dollar -- like most currencies in the modern world -- is, as Jim Grant pointed out in his book years ago, a currency of the mind. Klarman noted that a sovereign nation such as the U.S. deserves a Triple A rating only if it holds valuable assets, a great education system, the rule of law and great infrastructure. That remark rang a bell for me, and I pulled out my list of infrastructure-related stocks in order to check pricing.

The fact of the matter is that, having taken note of the infrastructure in various states and regions as I've traveled the country, I can describe the current state as less than great. I would call it good with a negative bias. If the U.S. is to avoid slipping as a nation, it will have to spend money on rebuilding and repairing railroads, highways, and bridges. In some parts of the country, the water systems and electrical grid are virtual antiques.

Thus, when the economy gets back on track and local governments begin to recover, infrastructure spending will have to be the No. 1 priority. Companies like Pike Electric (PIKE) , Granite Construction (GVA) and LB Foster (FSTR) will then presumably become Wall Street darlings amid sector boom. The stocks are not at the buy point yet, but that should come in the next market decline.

All in all, the Klarman interview gave me a great overview of the market as it truly is right now. There are some opportunities that fit the safe-and-cheap definition and can be owned; but, at the moment, the best approach remains a healthy dose of caution and common sense.

Anti Lemming:

Mark Casa: Cash-Mangel verhindert stärkere Rallye

15.09.10 22:34

Investing
Anemic Cash Reserves Impede Strong Rally
By Mark Casa
Street.com Contributor
9/15/2010 2:15 PM EDT

For the past several months, the equity markets have chopped around in a fairly broad range. Each time the market got cooking to the downside, bearish sentiment built up and the broader indices were only able to squeeze out slightly lower lows before experiencing fairly sharp snap-back rallies. With the exception of the April top, when investor sentiment became extremely frothy, investors' moods have reverted back to neutral as the higher end of the range is probed.

This has the effect of restraining both aggressive buyers and sellers. Buyers refuse to chase prices up beyond a certain point, and sellers remain relatively sidelined as they wait for higher prices and a frothier environment. Recall that the spring high in the S&P 500 was actually 1219, so we have spent the better part of the year traversing the lower end of the range. Bears fear that, should the market take out 1130 or so, it could make a beeline for the old highs. Of course, weary bulls probably feel the same, and thus are waiting for a breakout to buy rather than buying stock in anticipation of such a move.

The point is that it makes sense why we are meandering across the range, and why the market finds buyers underneath and a lack of buyers near the highs. But an important component of the recent trading action is the constituency of market players. This also holds important implications for the next cyclical market trend.

One of the best indicators of long-term sentiment is the percentage of cash held in reserve at equity mutual funds. When managers are bullish, they tend to hold very small cash reserves, mostly because they identified very good stocks to buy already. The managers are also afraid of producing returns that are generated by market beta (the percentage moves in the relevant indices they measure themselves with). This is generally referred to as tracking error. According to Mary Ann Bartels of BofA/Merrill Lynch, cash balances at mutual funds fell to a record low of 3.4% in July. To me (and her, among others), this is an extreme (it is a record), and extremely important, longer-term sentiment indicator.

As The Divine Ms. M [Charttechnikerin bei street.com, A.L.] often mentions, she works very hard to not rationalize any indicators. In this case, many market watchers dismiss the cash level as insignificant. Although it is obvious that -- over the past few decades -- there was a sea change in the way mutual funds were managed and structured, the market still requires net cash to take prices higher. (As I have mentioned since the "flash-crash" money began exiting the equity mutual fund space every week.) The point here is that the ammo to take the market higher is net new cash, and it needs to come from someplace.

In the past, stock buybacks served as tremendous sources of marginal cash for the market. Dividends are important as well. As David Rosenberg and his old firm mentioned this week, nearly 45% of all historical equity returns were generated by dividends. Meantime, the yield on the S&P 500 has recently breached 2% again, an important figure on a relative basis.

Bulls have made a convincing case for buying high-yielding, quality stocks. Heck, even the bears have. The bigger question is: how much money will migrate from the bond market to the equity markets to capitalize on this relationship? The mutual funds have very little cash.

Traditionally, the mutual funds receive fresh cash from investors, share repurchases, buyouts and dividends. It is doubtful that such a cache of cash will be able to take the S&P 500 through this year's high anytime soon. Hedge funds have taken in small amounts of net cash but, again, as is mentioned frequently here, they are the ones running us back and forth through this range.

I suppose foreigners at some point will be a large buyer of U.S. equities (they were a few quarters ago), but the dollar will most likely decline over the short run should the U.S. market rally.

So the point of this article is that there are structural impediments to a strong rally (mostly involving liquidity and speculative-demand issues), and markets tend to become extremely cheap at secular lows.

We have yet to see that condition but, what better environment to reach it other than one like today's? And for investors believing that market sentiment is extremely bearish, Ned Davis's short-term-market-sentiment index came out today at 57% bulls, which is the low end of neutral. So all this talk about market bearishness is a canard. It is part of the conversion process.

A few weeks ago, the market was oversold and bearish sentiment was excessive from a trader's perspective. This condition is now gone. The fundies have pulled back from shorts and now have a decent net-long exposure to the equity markets. The mutual fund managers are all in. See a pattern? This is the predominant consideration underpinning my very recent "risk off" stance. Seasonal patterns and election patterns argue for a cautious approach to equities for at least a few more weeks and several more percentage points. I've adjusted my portfolio accordingly, and suggest our readers do as well.

At the time of publication, Casa was short U.S. equities.

Anti Lemming:

Relative Performance von Assets letztes Jahrzehnt

15.09.10 22:38

Quelle: Rosenberg

Der USA Bären-Thread 345343
Der USA Bären-Thread Dreiklang
Dreiklang:

Malko07 Stieglitz Der Teufel im Detail

15.09.10 23:02

...und wenn die Dinge so einfach wären.

Stieglitz geht konform mit der These, dass die Vermögens(preis)illusion von Nachteil ist, da so künstlich renditelose Objekte werthaltig  belassen werden, obwohl ein realer Marktwert aufgrund der fehlenden Rendite weit unterhalb anzusetzen wäre.  

Man überlese aber nicht den Absatz:    

Kurz gefasst: Die staatliche Stützung des Immobilienmarkts hat nicht nur das Problem nicht gelöst, sondern sie verlängert auch den Abbau des Fremdkapitalanteils. Das fördert Bedingungen für eine Flaute wie in Japan.  

Hier  steckt der Teufel im Detail. Bei Japan gab es kein Fremdkapital, welches "abzubauen" gewesen wäre. Wer "baut" das Fremdkapital des US-Hypothekenmarktes ab? Richtig, diejenigen, die auf die Hypotheken verbriefte Derivate halten.  Das Tollhaus dabei  ist, dass im Zusammenhang mit Forderungen, die Hauspreise zu garantieren, in gleichem Atemzug gefordert wurde, dass diese Garantien nicht für ausländische Hypothekengläubiger gelten sollten. M.a.W. : Für den (US)Amerikaner die Garantie, dass sein Häuschen noch was wert ist. Für den Europäer die Gewissheit, dass der Schrott in seinem Depot auch Schrott  bleibt. Den "Abbau" des Fremdkapitals nimmt er selbst durch Abschreibung vor.

permanent:

Probleme wurden nur verschoben und nicht behoben.

16.09.10 07:42

In diesem kurzen Satz ist alles zusammengefasst. Die Ursache unsere Probleme liegt weit in der Vergangenheit. In den USA wurde der Verlust vieler Industriearbeitsplätze durch billiges Geld kompensiert. Dieses billige Geld war Voraussetzung für die größte Konsumwelle der Geschichte. So wurden Retailarbeitsplätze geschaffen. Vordergründig sah es so aus, als könnte man den Verlust der Industriearbeitsplätze so ausgleichen und den endgültigen Schritt in die Dienstleistungsgesellschaft gehen.
Weit gefehlt, das Geld war nur aus der Zukunft geborgt. Der Immobilienboom verlängerte die Phase des Überkonsum, wurde doch so unendlich viel künstliche Liquidität in die Taschen des Verbrauchers gespült. Dann kam die Krise, auf dem Höhepunkt die Lehman Pleite.

Nun hatten die Notenbanken keine andere Wahl als die Welt noch massiver mit Gled zu fluten, es wurden fiskalpolitische Ausgabenprogramme aufgelegt um den Komsum künstlich zu stimmulieren.
Das war gut so, die Alternative, der radikale Absturz wäre wohl die unschönere Alternative.

Jedoch wurden die Probleme so weiter angehäuft und noch ein Stück ferner in die Zukunft verschoben. Nun besteht die Notwendigkeit einer Exit Strategie aus der Politik des billigen Geldes und der staatlichen Ausgabenpolitik. Nun eben hier hapert es. Es gibt keine Strategie  und keinen Ersatz. Es fehlt an natürlicher Nachfrage in den reifen Industrienationen.

Kommt es zur Fortsetzung der heutigen Politik (billiges Geld, laxe Fiskalpolitik) so wird es noch eine Weile laufen, so werden die Preise der Assets noch weiter in luftige Höhen geschoben, bis es irgendwann knallt. 

Aus der Zukunft zu borgen war nie ein guter Ratgeber.

Sparen ist ein temporäerer Konsumverzicht, ein Kredit(für Konsum) ist ein vorziehen des Konsum.

Permanent 

permanent:

Wie Bestseller entstehen

16.09.10 07:47
permanent:

C&P

16.09.10 09:15

Konjunkturdaten

von Henrik Voigt

gestern gab es eine Menge Konjunkturdaten, die wertvolle Hinweise auf die weitere wirtschaftliche Entwicklung lieferten. Ich möchte an dieser Stelle nur die wichtigsten ansprechen – wie gewohnt, in aller Kürze.

Der von der Federal Reserve Bank New York erhobene Empire State-Index zum verarbeitenden Gewerbe im Großraum New York ist im September von 7,1 Punkten auf 4,1 Punkte gefallen. Er verfehlte damit die Erwartungen von 6,4 Punkten. Der Index notiert nur noch knapp oberhalb der Wachstumsschwelle von Null und fällt kontinuierlich seit seinem Erholungshoch im vergangenen Oktober bei 34,6 Punkten und notiert inzwischen auf dem niedrigsten Stand seit Juli 2009. Die Abkühlung ist nicht mehr zu übersehen.

In den USA ist die Industrieproduktion im August um 0,2 Prozent gestiegen (Erwartungen getroffen). Die Richtung zeigt daherden 14. Monat in Folge nach oben. Allerdings zeit sich damit eine Abkühlung zum Vormonat (wie auch im gesamten Jahresverlauf), wo noch ein Zuwachs von 0,6 Prozent vermeldet werden konnte. Der Juliwert wurde übrigens von ursprünglich 1 Prozent deutlich nach unten revidiert – übliche Taktik in Amerika. Ich bin gespannt, ob und wie weit der aktuelle Wert in vier Wochen (abwärts) revidiert werden muss. Bei gleichem Ausmaß wie im Juli ergäbe sich nämlich eine Schrumpfung, aber das steht ja noch in den Sternen.

In den USA sind die Einzelhandelsumsätze im August gegenüber dem Vormonat um 0,4 Prozent gestiegen (Konsens: plus 0,3 Prozent). Damit zeigte die Richtungnach zwei Rückgängen das zweite Malin Folge nach oben. Damit zeigt sich noch keine Trendwende, aber zweifellos eine Stabilisierung.

Besonders bemerkenswert finde ich diese Meldung: In den USA sind die Lagerbestände der Unternehmen dem Handelsministerium zufolge im Juli um 1 Prozent gestiegen (Konsens plus 0,7 Prozent). Dies entspricht der größten Steigerung seit Juli 2008 (!). Damit haben wir eine treibende Kraft für das Gewinnwachstum der Unternehmen in den USA: Die Lager wurden in Erwartung höherer Nachfrage aufgefüllt und sind jetzt größtenteils voll. Aber keiner kauft das ganze Zeug, wenn sich die Konjunktur abkühlt. Werden die Unternehmen die Lager weiter bis zum Bersten füllen? Was passiert mit den Unternehmensgewinnen, wenn nicht? Interessante Fragen für die kommende Quartalsberichtssaison im Oktober

Weiterhin Unentschlossenheit beim DAX

von Henrik Voigt

Der DAX zeigte gestern die dritte unentschlossene Tageskerze in Folge. Gut möglich, dass dies eine Konsolidierung vor einem weiteren kurzfristigen Aufwärtsschub darstellt. Allzu viel Potenzial traue ich dem Index auf kurze Sicht allerdings nicht mehr zu. Acht Prozent Anstieg vom Tief ohne nennenswerte Konsolidierung haben den Index heißlaufen lassen. Dazu kommt noch die markante Widerstandszone. Nach dem Verfallstag morgen könnten heftige Gewinnmitnahmen einsetzen. Jeder weitere Anstieg ohne deutliche Korrektur lässt die Gefahr wachsen, dass die gesamte Rally eines Tages wieder abverkauft wird (siehe Frühjahrsrally). Wann dass passieren wird? Ich weiß es nicht. Aber die Indikatoren werden es sicher rechtzeitig anzeigen.

Aktuell besteht aber noch keine Gefahr. Noch wird jeder kleine Rücksetzer gekauft - unabhängig von der Nachrichtenlage. Wenig verwunderlich vor einem großen Verfallstag. Solange keine langen roten Kerzen ins Spiel kommen, ist der DAX charttechnisch als bullisch einzustufen. Auch wenn ich jetzt sicher nicht mehr kaufen würde. Gewinne absichern dürfte momentan die beste Strategie sein. Ab nächste Woche werden wir dann vielleicht sehen, ob die Bären im Herbst auch noch etwas zu melden haben. Bisher verstecken sie sich.

DAX im Tageschart

Der USA Bären-Thread 8641367enl.fid-newsletter.de/imgproxy/img/602811145/dax160910.png" style="max-width:560px" />

Nächste Widerstände: 6600, 6350 Punkte

Nächste Unterstützungen: 6250, 6080, 5800, 5430, 5320, 5170 Punkte

Herzliche Grüße und viel Erfolg,

Ihr Henrik Voigt.

permanent:

Asien im Autowahn

16.09.10 09:38

Deutsche Hersteller profitieren

Asien im Autowahn

China und Indien rocken derzeit den weltweiten Autoabsatz, was vor allem die deutschen Autobauer freut. Die monatlichen Neuverkäufe liegen teilweise 40 Prozent über denen des Vorjahres. Dagegen hat der westeuropäische Markt den Blues....»

permanent:

Die offizielle Show der Politik

16.09.10 09:47

Der USA Bären-Thread 8641530ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51NVuOwVVBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg" style="max-width:560px" />

Der USA Bären-Thread Pichel
Pichel:

zu Greenspan #68710

16.09.10 10:54

Dies erklärte gemäß einem Bericht von Bloomberg der frühere Notenbankchef Alan Greenspan auf einer New Yorker Konferenz. Er behaupte nicht, wonach die Stimulierung nicht funktioniert, aber diese Art der Ankurbelung bleibe deutlich unterhalb von sämtlichen Schätzungen. Die effektivste Stimulierung wäre durch einen Anstieg des Aktienmarkts geschaffen. Na, dann werfen wir wieder die Futurespumpen an! Dadurch wäre sogar die Impulskraft der Ausgaben der Regierung übertroffen.

Bankraub ist ein Unternehmen für Dilettanten.
Wahre Profis gründen ein Bank.
Der USA Bären-Thread Majorero
Majorero:

span.Bonds

16.09.10 12:31
Spanien hatte heute wieder kein Problem (genauso wie Griechenland) Geld aufzutreiben. 4mrd, 10jährige mit 4,16%, 30jährige 5,08%.
Wer kauft igentlich so nen Schrott?
Gleich direkt die EZB? Oder HRE und drgl.?
Ich wüsste nichtmal wie ich damit in sicheren Zeiten Geld damit verdienen könnte. Welcher Spekulant oder Investor gibt sich mit 4% zufrieden?
Da sind mir die 28ºLuft und 24º Atlantik viel lieber. ;)
Saludos
M

jueves 16 de septiembre de 2010, 11:11 (Reuters)

El Tesoro colocó el jueves un total de 4.000 millones de euros en dos subastas de títulos de deuda a largo plazo, el máximo de su objetivo establecido de entre 3.000 y 4.000 millones de euros.

A 10 años, adjudicó 2.723 millones de euros frente a los 6.319 millones solicitados a un tipo marginal del 4,164 por ciento frente al 4,911 por ciento de la anterior emisión.

A 30 años, adjudicó 1.277 millones de euros frente a los 2.687 millones solicitados a un tipo marginal del 5,081 por ciento frente al 5,937 por ciento de la anterior emisión.
Der USA Bären-Thread 8642820
Malko07:

Majorero (#68721), 4% sind

16.09.10 12:39
heutzutage ein Hafen Holz. Frag mal Lebensversicherungen oder Pensionsfonds.
Der USA Bären-Thread Bonner
Bonner:

Sicher kein Problem

16.09.10 13:26
Neues vom Bankhaus  Rott

Auf der Pirsch nach der Insel der Glückseligen suchen die krisengeplagten Auguren immer wieder an Orten, an denen sich die wirtschaftlichen Ungleichgewichte noch auf den Beinen halten. Diese instabile Lage wird dann – wie dies vorher auch in anderen Ländern der Fall war – als dauerhaftes Wirtschaftswunder dargestellt. Auf die Fehler, die vergleichbare Einschätzungen vor einigen Jahren, zum Beispiel in den USA oder Spanien aufwiesen, wird leider nicht eingegangen. „Hohe Hauspreise gut“ ist die eingängige Formel und jeglicher Hinweis auf etwaige Fehlbewertungen oder Kredite wird rasch vom Tisch gewischt.

Ein gutes Beispiel findet sich derzeit down under in Australien. Ach, was geht es den Australiern gut, das Erz wird aus der Erde geholt, die Arbeitslosigkeit ist bis dato erst von 4,0% auf 5,1% gestiegen, und bis vor kurzem stiegen auch die Hauspreise. Wer nicht reich war, durfte sich dank der emsigen Kreditvergabe der heimischen Banken wenigstens so fühlen. Diese Entwicklung verläuft immer nach dem gleichen Muster, das ist in Australien nicht anders als andernorts. Zunächst gibt es ein bisschen mehr Wohlstand, der dann zunehmend in ein immer stärker gehebeltes Vergnügen abgleitet. Besonders am Immobilienmarkt ist dies auf Grund der lang anhaltenden Tendenzen immmer wieder gut zu beobachten.

Die Summe der in Australien vergebenen Hypothekenkredite hat bezogen auf das BIP ein beachtliches Niveau erreicht. Mittlerweile hat der Aussie diesbezüglich gar die Amerikanos hinter sich gelassen.[...]

bankhaus-rott.de/wordpress/
Der USA Bären-Thread DOOMSTER
DOOMSTER:

16.09.10 13:26
das wirst du spätestens dann sehen wenn der "Haircut" ansteht:)
permanent:

Jobless Claims Hold Steady, But Inflation Creeps U

16.09.10 14:39
Jobless Claims Hold Steady, But Inflation Creeps Up
ECONOMY, JOBLESS CLAIMS, INFLATION, PPI, PRODUCER PRICE INDEX
Reuters
| 16 Sep 2010 | 08:37 AM ET

Claims for unemployment benefits unexpectedly fell last week, dropping to a two-month low, while producer prices rose slightly more than expected in August as energy prices recorded their first increase since March, government data showed on Thursday.

Initial claims for state unemployment benefits slipped 3,000 to a seasonally adjusted 450,000, the lowest since the week ended July 10, the Labor Department said.

Analysts polled by Reuters had forecast claims rising to 460,000 from the previously reported 451,000 the prior week, which was slightly revised up to 453,000 in Thursday's report.

A Labor Department official said data for only two states had been estimated for last week's report. The four-week average of new jobless claims, considered a better measure of underlying labor market trends, dropped 13,500 to 464,750.

The second straight week of declines pulled claims for unemployment benefits further away from a nine-month high of 504,000 touched in mid-August and claims are now in the upper end of a 400,000-450,000 range that analysts say is associated with sustainable job growth.

The impaired labor market, characterized by a 9.6 percent unemployment rate, is hobbling the economy's recovery from its most painful recession since the 1930s.

The Federal Reserve is closely watching the jobs market, but is not expected to announce any news steps to ease monetary policy at a regular meeting next Tuesday. Many analysts, however, believe it will resume purchases of government debt by year- end to keep interest rates low and shore up the economy.

The number of people still receiving benefits after an initial week of aid fell 84,000 to 4.49 million in the week ended Sept. 4 from an upwardly revised 4.57 million the prior week.

Analysts polled by Reuters had forecast so-called continuing claims falling to 4.46 million from a previously reported 4.48 million.

The insured unemployment rate, which measures the percentage of the insured labor force that is jobless, dipped to 3.5 percent during that period from 3.6 percent the prior week.

The number of people on emergency benefits fell 402,116 to 4.11 million in the week ended Aug. 28.

Producer Prices Rise on Energy Rebound

The Labor Department said the seasonally adjusted index for prices paid at the farm and factory gate increased 0.4 percent, the largest increase in five months, after gaining 0.2 percent in July.

Analysts polled by Reuters had expected producer prices to rise 0.3 percent last month. In the 12 months to August, producer prices increased 3.1 percent, slowing from the prior month's 4.2 percent increase.

Producer prices last month were bumped up by a 2.2 percent jump in energy costs. Gasoline prices surged 7.5 percent, the largest increase since January, after falling 2.2 percent in July. Food prices fell 0.3 percent after rising 0.7 percent in July.

Stripping out volatile food and energy costs, core producer prices edged up 0.1 percent last month, matching market expectations. Core PPI increased 0.3 percent in July.

Inflation remains muted amid lackluster domestic demand, which is constraining producers' ability to pass on increases to consumers. The Federal Reserve is expected to renew its pledge to keep monetary policy accommodative to support the economic recovery at a regular meeting next Tuesday.

Last month, core PPI was held back by a 0.4 percent decline in passenger car prices, which offset a 0.2 percent increase in the cost of light motor trucks, the Labor Department data showed.

In the 12 months to August, the core producer price index rose 1.3 percent after increasing 1.5 percent in July.

The year-on-year increase was in line with market expectations.

Seite: Übersicht ... 2747  2748  2750  2751  ... ZurückZurück WeiterWeiter

Börsenforum - Gesamtforum - Antwort einfügen - zum ersten Beitrag springen

Neueste Beiträge aus dem S&P 500 Forum

Wertung Antworten Thema Verfasser letzter Verfasser letzter Beitrag
    Daytrading 26.04.2024 ARIVA.DE   26.04.24 00:02
28 3.676 Banken & Finanzen in unserer Weltzone lars_3 youmake222 25.04.24 10:22
    Daytrading 25.04.2024 ARIVA.DE   25.04.24 00:02
    Daytrading 24.04.2024 ARIVA.DE   24.04.24 00:02
    Daytrading 23.04.2024 ARIVA.DE   23.04.24 00:02

--button_text--