AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Aug. 4, 2020
- As waters recede in Midland, participating Ram Truck dealers in Michigan are opening their doors as Midland Relief Donation Centers to accept personal protective equipment, food, water, personal care items and household goods from those who want to aid in the recovery
- Teaming up with the United Way of Midland County, Ram Nation volunteers are joining the effort to help by filling their Ram trucks to deliver the donated products and supplies to designated distribution points that are housing displaced Midland residents
- Ram Truck brand is committed to doubling the impact of every dealership that donates to the United Way of Midland County in support of flood relief efforts up to $50,000
"The Ram Truck brand understands that while the flood waters in Midland continue to recede, the needs of the residents will overwhelmingly rise, and the impact of these floods will be felt for years to come," said Mike Koval Jr., Head of Ram Brand. "Ram Nation is galvanizing its forces to assist this community in need, and with the support of United Way and our dealerships in the area, we hope to encourage others to assist this community initiative during its crucial time of need."
Participating Ram Truck dealerships in Michigan are opening their doors as Midland Relief Donation Centers to accept personal protective equipment, food, water, personal care items and household goods from those who want to aid in the recovery.
In partnership with the United Way of Midland County, Ram Nation volunteers are joining the effort by filling their Ram trucks to deliver the donated products and supplies to designated distribution points that are housing displaced Midland residents.
In addition to helping collect and distribute needed supplies, the Ram Truck brand will match every monetary dealership donation made to the United Way of Midland County in support of flood relief efforts up to $50,000.
Visit the Ram Nation website for more information on participating Ram Truck dealerships, donating, becoming a Ram Nation volunteer and receiving notifications for upcoming events in your community where you can help make a difference.
Created in 2015, Ram Nation is a grassroots volunteer corps of Ram owners and like-minded people willing and ready to come together to haul supplies, deliver equipment, clear debris, distribute food and water and even make donations that help people in their communities and around the world.
Truck owners interested in answering future calls to help, whether it's mobilizing volunteers to assist in disaster relief efforts or proactive community outreach initiatives, can sign up here for Ram Nation.
Ram Truck and its dealers will access the Ram Nation database to bring volunteers and organizations together when a need or opportunity arises.
Types of Ram Nation projects could include working with the First Response Team of America or other organizations in times of disasters across America or working with community nonprofit organizations on initiatives, such as planting or harvesting crops for local food banks, collecting and delivering supplies, clearing debris or transporting people.
Ram Truck Brand
In 2009, the Ram Truck brand launched as a stand-alone division, focused on meeting the demands of truck buyers and delivering benchmark-quality vehicles. With a full lineup of trucks, the Ram 1500, 2500/3500 Heavy Duty, 3500/4500/5500 Chassis Cab, ProMaster and ProMaster City, the Ram brand builds trucks that get the hard work done and families where they need to go.
Ram continues to outperform the competition and sets the benchmarks for:
- Segment first* 1,000 lb.-ft of diesel torque with Ram 3500
- Class based on 250/2500 and 350/3500 pickups.
- Diesel Towing capacity of 35,100 lbs. with Ram 3500
- Diesel Payload of 7,680 lbs. with Ram 3500
- Most luxurious in its class*: Ram Limited with real wood, real leather and available 12-inch Uconnect touchscreen
- *Class is Light-Duty Pickups
- Class exclusive link coil rear and auto-level air suspensions*
- *Classes based on Light-Duty Pickups and 250/2500 and 350/3500 pickups.
- Most interior space with Ram Mega Cab
- Most-awarded light-duty truck in America*
- *Based on awards within the light duty pickup segment from 3rd Quarter 2019 - 3rd Quarter 2020
- Over the last 30 years, Ram has the highest percentage of pickups still on the road
For more information, please visit the FCA media site at http://media.fcanorthamerica.com.